We want to thank you for your support as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation to ensure we put our resident’s health and safety at the forefront of all our decisions.
Due to recently announced cases in Queensland extra restrictions have now been put in place for residential aged care facilities.
Visiting continues for those that live on the Sunshine Coast providing they have not visited the below areas listed at:
Visiting will be unavailable for those that live outside of the Sunshine Coast or have visited the areas listed in the above links.
To book a visit or schedule an outing:
Please call our Booking Concierge on 07 5447 7355. Where possible, please allow 24 hours’ notice for both visits and outings. You will be required to provide some additional information on checking in to our facility, including your mobile number and email address. This is now required by the Qld Government for contract tracing should we have a confirmed case.
It is still a requirement for all visitors, staff, volunteers, and anyone else entering an aged care facility to have had the 2020 flu vaccine. This is a Qld Health legal requirement and penalties apply to those who fail to comply with the Aged Care Direction including staff NoosaCare, volunteers and visitors. Penalties may lead to fines of up to $13,345.00.
Please DO NOT enter our facility if you:
- have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- visited restricted areas listed above in the last 14 days
- have a fever (37.5 degrees or more)
- have a cough, runny nose, sore throat or breathing difficulties
- have not had the 2020 flu vaccination (unless it is unavailable to you, for example, you are allergic to the vaccine)
A resident can leave the aged care facility for local appointments only for a range of reasons, including but not limited to:
- attend a small family gathering of up to 10 people
- receive or access health care including mental health and allied health services (e.g. podiatrists, diversional therapists, music therapists)
- receive end of life or palliative care
- visit a service provider, including hairdressers, beauty therapists and legal advisors
- attend a funeral.
Reminder to follow COVID-19 guidelines
- Social distancing 1.5 metres (two big steps)
- Hand hygiene on entry and exit of facility
- If unwell to not visit site
If you have any questions or require clarification on the above points, please contact our Booking on 07 5447 7355.
In the event of a confirmed case we will initiate our Business Continuity Plan. As part of this plan, we will provide communication to families via our website and Facebook page (Noosacare Inc) initially, followed by updates via email and/or text. Where a Resident is affected, our team will contact the family directly by phone.
For resources and more information on the current situation, we recommend visiting the Department of health website https://www.health.gov.au/.
Should you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone: Carramar- 5449 8799 or Kabara-5447 7355.
Chief Executive Officer